Thank you for choosing to send your children to Whenuapai School. We are looking forward to 2023 being a year full of opportunities, experiences and learning adventures.
Whenuapai School should in theory receive funding from three main sources. The first is an operational grant from the Ministry of Education, which is to pay for the general running of the school and day to day maintenance of our property. However, there is always a shortfall between what we receive from the Ministry and the funding we need to effectively run the school to the high standards we all expect.
The other primary sources of income for the school are donations paid by our wonderful Whānau and fundraising.
Donations, if received, are used to fund things such as:
- Additional teachers, relief teachers & teacher aides above our Ministry of Education allocation
- Extra teaching and learning resources – such as, reading resources, mathematics equipment, and ICT equipment (computers, ipads, digital devices and software)
- Subsidised trips and student activities
- Library books
- Maintenance of our bike fleet and bike track
Without these whānau donations, many aspects of school life mentioned above and others, are simply not affordable and cannot continue. Thank you to everyone who supports our kura through their donations.
Our School Board has reviewed our donation structure to make it simpler and easier to understand.
The school donation for 2023 is: $220 per child.
Acknowledgments for your support:
- Early payment incentive: if you pay your donation in full during Term 1, you will receive an early payment discount of 10% bringing the donation amount to $198.00 per child.
- Termly Prize Draw: Once you have paid your full school donation – Go into the termly prize draw to be the lucky family that wins one child’s donation back. One prize per term – drawn in the last week of each term.
- End of Year Prize Draw: Available to all families who make a donation to our kura (whether it is the full amount or not) a prize draw for $100 grocery voucher at the end of Term 4.
Tax credit – Don’t forget you can receive a tax credit back of one third of your donation. This means, for the $220 donation you can receive $73 back which means your donation cost is only $147. To claim your refund, download form IR526 from the Inland Revenue website and send it off to IRD with your donation receipts attached.
Payment options – Payments can be made online via MyKindo – Please click here.
To make it as easy as possible we have a number of payment options available including lump sum, split payment over four terms, monthly payment and weekly payment. We are happy to discuss options and/or assist with setting up an automatic payment.
Bank Account: 12-3085-0494188-00 Reference: Students Name Details: the activity (i.e. Donation)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We appreciate your ongoing support and involvement in your child’s education. Your contribution will make a difference.