Uniform Price List
Sports Uniform (compulsory for students in Years 5-8)
Sports uniform for students in Years 5-8 is available to purchase at the school office. The uniform is a Sports Shirt (with school logo) and Sports Shorts – sold together for $65.00.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions regarding the school uniform.
Second Hand Uniform
The PTA endeavour to hold second hand uniform sales a couple of times each year. The dates for these will be advertised to parents in advance through the school newsletter and school app.
- Appropriate clothing enables students to participate safely in the full range of activities typical in a school day.
- Considered choices support positive health and hygiene practices
- Pride and presentation of students presents a positive image of the School and the high standards it upholds
- Jewellery: a watch and plain ear studs may be worn as part of our uniform. Jewellery can easily get caught in a myriad of ways resulting in injury.
- Black sandals or shoes. Footwear with heels will compromise safety during break times and during physical education and as such do not form part of our uniform. For the same reason sandals must have a heel strap.
Health and Hygiene
- Plain hair bands. Students with mid – long hair are encouraged to tie hair back. This may reduce the spread of head lice in classrooms. Students attending Technology at Taupaki are required to wear their hair tied back for health and safety reasons. Teachers may require students to tie their hair back if students are preparing food or are involved in an activity where it is deemed appropriate.
- A school hat is compulsory in Terms 1 and 4.
- Additional items of warmth in the winter may be worn (gloves, hat, scarf). These need to be plain and in navy or black.
- All students must wear the appropriate sport uniform when representing the school.
- Under shirts must be tucked in and not visible.
- Boys: Navy drill shorts with Whenuapai School polo, round neck or V neck shirt. Please note: Year 7 and 8 students wear a blue polo shirt. Whenuapai School polar fleece sweatshirt.
- Girls: Navy skorts, shorts or trousers with Whenuapai School polo, round neck or V neck shirt. Please note: Year 7 and 8 students wear a blue polo shirt. Whenuapai School polar fleece sweatshirt.
- Make-up, including nail polish is not to be worn at school.