Sports Uniform (compulsory for students in Years 5-8)
Sports uniform for students in Years 5-8 is also available to purchase through Argyle Online. The uniform is a Sports Shirt (with school logo) for $34.50. Students can wear their own plain navy sports shorts.
Please contact the school office if you have any questions regarding the school uniform.
Our Friends of Whenaupai team (also known as the PTA) endeavour to hold second-hand uniform sales a couple of times each year. The dates for these will be advertised to parents in advance through the school newsletter and school app.
- Appropriate clothing enables students to participate safely in the full range of activities typical in a school day.
- Considered choices support positive health and hygiene practices.
- Pride and presentation of students presents a positive image of the School and the high standards it upholds.
- Jewellery: a watch and plain ear studs may be worn as part of our uniform. Jewellery can easily get caught in a myriad of ways resulting in injury.
Health and Hygiene
- A school hat is compulsory in Terms 1 and 4.
- Plain hair bands. Students with mid to long hair are encouraged to tie hair back. This may reduce the spread of head lice in classrooms. Students attending Technology at Taupaki are required to wear their hair tied back for health and safety reasons. Teachers may require students to tie their hair back if students are preparing food or are involved in an activity where it is deemed appropriate.
- While mufti rain jackets can be worn in winter/bad weather, the school fleece jacket is compulsory. Hoodies, sweatshirts and other mufti items are not to be worn.
- Additional items of warmth in the winter may be worn (gloves, hat, scarf). These need to be plain and in navy or black.
- Boys: Whenuapai School polo shirt (with logo) and any plain navy drill shorts or trousers. Whenuapai School polar fleece sweatshirt. Please note: Year 7 and 8 students wear a blue polo shirt.
- Girls: Whenuapai School polo shirt (with logo) and any plain navy skorts, shorts or trousers. Whenuapai School polar fleece sweatshirt. Please note: Year 7 and 8 students wear a blue polo shirt.
- All students must wear the appropriate sports uniform when representing the school.
- Undershirts must be tucked in and not visible.
- Make-up, including nail polish is not to be worn at school.